Please note: This switcher requires a laptop for control.
Professional Switcher with a Broadcast Quality H.264 Encoder
Introducing the world’s first live production switcher that combines a professional switcher with a broadcast quality H.264 encoder! That means you get live multi-camera production and broadcast encoding for the Internet all in one unit! ATEM Television Studio is so easy to use you don’t even need to be a video professional to use it! Just plug in any HDMI or SDI camera and you are live! You can even use low cost consumer HDMI HD cameras!
With the Internet becoming the television transmitter for all of us, now ATEM Television Studio lets you do live production and simultaneously generate H.264 files for the web, all in real time. The moment your event is finished, your encoded file is ready for distribution! Imagine covering events that previously could never justify the cost of a professional multi-camera production, such as local government meetings, school productions, local sports, car racing, concerts, weddings, bands, communities, air shows and many more!
Built to Perform
ATEM Television Studio might be small, but it’s packed with professional power! ATEM includes all the same features as the most powerful switchers used in broadcast, and is not “dumbed down.” This means you get professional results, and a familiar M/E style of operation. ATEM is affordably priced because you can get started with only the switcher chassis and a software based control panel! Then when it’s time to add dedicated hardware control, you get only the best because ATEM uses premium quality switches, faders and joysticks that are normally only found on the most expensive switchers available. ATEM even uses an FAA certified operating system for a true broadcast grade switcher!
For the highest quality video with extremely low processing delay, ATEM features a fully 10 bit digital design. This means you get the highest quality available from cameras, servers and character generators with true 10 bit video quality maintained throughout the entire signal path. Get better chroma keying and seamless layering from HDMI and SDI sources, so all your video maintains that pristine broadcast quality look!
ATEM is the most creative solution for live switching! All transitions are instantly available and include the same cut, mix and wipe found on traditional mixers! It’s simple to load graphics into the 2 built in media player frame-stores for exciting custom titles and logos! If you’re doing green screen shoots, then the ATEM keyer includes full chroma keying! Imagine loading a rendered background and using the chroma keyer for an affordable virtual set! ATEM Television Studio also includes 2 downstream keyers so you can add graphics such as “live” and “replay”! You get professional results with ATEM!
Multi View Monitoring
Now you can save thousands of dollars on camera monitoring with ATEM’s built in multi view. Multi view allows 10 channels of video to be displayed on a single HDMI television or monitor. You can also customize labels and set safe area markers on the preview display. Multi view includes tally, so on-air sources have red borders and preview sources have green borders. ATEM multi view is as simple to use as connecting a single HDMI monitor, so you get the perfect portable solution!
- Total Video Inputs: 6
- Total Outputs: 6
- SDI Video Input: 4 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
- Analog Video Input: None
- HDMI Video Input: 4 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
- Analog Audio Output: None
- SDI Audio Output: 2 Ch embedded into SDI output
- Audio Input: 1 x AES/EBU. Unbalanced via BNC connector
- Sync Input: Tri-Sync or Blackburst
- Internal Frame Synchronizers: 6. All inputs
- SDI Program Output: 2 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- HDMI Program Output: 1 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- Analog Program Output: None
- Down Converted SDI Program Output: None
- Down Converted Composite Program Output: None
- SDI Preview Output: None
- SDI Aux. Output: None
- Computer Output: 1 x USB 2.0 H.264 encoded from program output. Media Express for Mac OS X and Windows included.
- Qty of Multi-View’s: 1
- Outputs per Multi-View: 1 x HD-SDI and 1 x HDMI
- Control Panel Connection: Ethernet supports 10/100/1000 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network.
- Control Panel Included: ATEM Software Control Panel included free for Mac OS X 10.7.2 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion and Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Serial Communication Output: None
- Tally Output: Added via ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included.)
- GPI: Added via ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included.)
- Software Updates: Using USB connection direcly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Switcher Utility.
- Configuration: Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Switcher Utility connected via USB to chassis.
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL 4:3, 525/29.97 NTSC 4:3
- HD Format Support: 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 720p50, 720p59.94.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, 292M.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 10-bit
- Color Precision: 4:2:2 10-bit
- Color Space: 4:2:2 YUV
- HDMI Input Resolutions for Computers: 720 x 480 59.94Hz, 720 x 576 50Hz, 1280 x 720 59.94Hz 50Hz and 1920 x 1080 59.94Hz 50Hz
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- Processing Delay: 1 Line
- Audio Mixer: 7 input x 2 channel mixer; Selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video; Master gain control; Level and Peak metering
- HD Down Conversion: None
- Total Number of Layers: 3
- Upstream Keyers: 1
- Downstream Keyers: 2
- Linear/Luma Keyers: 3
- Chroma Keyers: 1
- Pattern Generators: 2
- Color Generators: 2
- Transition Keyer (Stinger/DVE): None
- DVE with 3D Borders & Drop Shadow: None
- Control Panel Compatibility: Includes ATEM Software Control Panel. Also compatible with ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel and ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel.
- Input Voltage: 12V-30V
- Power Usage: 20W
- Product Warranty: 12 Months Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Interface: Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768.
- Media Players: 2
- Channels: Fill and key for each Media Player
- Media Pool Still Image Capacity: 20 with fill and key
- Media Pool Clip Capacity: None
- Maximum Clip Length in 1080i: None
- Maximum Clip Length in 720p: None
- Maximum Clip Length in NTSC/PAL: None
- Media Pool Still Image Format: PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF
- Media Pool Video File Format: None
- Media Pool Audio File Format: None
Multi View Monitoring
- Number of Windows: 1 x 10
- Routable Windows: Fixed Routing
- Tally: Red for program and green for preview indication
- Windows Souce Labels: Yes
- Size: 1 Rack Unit
- Width: 19″ or 482mm
- Height: 1.75″ or 44mm
- Depth: 2.5″ or 62mm
- Weight: 3 lbs or 1.4 kg